The United Kingdom’s immigration policy is to keep families together. Choose the right category from the list below to see if you can visit, settle in, or possibly become a British citizen as a result of your relationship with a British individual.
Visas are available for those who desire to visit relatives in the United Kingdom. Nationals of countries outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland are eligible for the Family Visitor visa category. Visitors from the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland do not require a visa to visit the United Kingdom.
Family Visa in the United Kingdom
Family members of British citizens and permanent residents are allowed to visit or stay in the UK. A family UK Visa is available to children (under the age of 18) of British nationals, settled individuals, and people who have been granted permission to settle in the UK.
They can apply for a temporary visa by filling out the VAF4 application form. They can apply for British settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and eventually citizenship after they are in the UK.
Children and partners of asylum seekers in the UK can apply for a visa to join their families using the FLR application form (P). You can apply for British settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and eventually citizenship after you are in the UK.
With application form VAF4A, British residents and established individuals can seek to visit the UK temporarily with their partners (spouse, wife, civil partner, unmarried or same-sex partners). They can use the SET application form to apply to settle in the UK as the partner of a British citizen or settled person (M).
Fiancé(e) Visa in The United Kingdom
With application form VAF4, fiancé(e)s or potential civil partners of British nationals and settled individuals can seek to enter the UK temporarily. To be eligible, you and your partner must plan to live together in the UK permanently. You can apply for British settlement (Indefinite Leave to Remain) and eventually citizenship once you are married or have civil partners.
Criteria For Obtaining A Family UK Visa
- Unless it is an application for a minor, the family member traveling to the UK must be at least 18 years old.
- The member’s relationship with the person in the UK must be genuine and recognized in the UK.
- After the application, the family member coming to the UK is prepared to reside with the spouse or relative in the UK. This restriction does not apply to visitors who are coming to care for a youngster.
- The family member who is visiting the United Kingdom has a nice place to stay.
- The family member who is visiting the UK is fluent in English. For an adult-dependent, it is not required.
- If a person is coming to join their spouse/partner, he or she must be a civil or married partner, or they must have been living together in a relationship for at least 2 years, or they must be engaged to become civil partners or married. Both parties must give proof that they have never been in a previous relationship. The individual who is utilizing this visa is not authorized to work throughout the engagement term.
- If a person is bringing a child to the UK on this visa, the kid must be under the age of 18 and the child’s name must be specified on the application. A separate application must be made for the kid.
- People who come to care after a kid must show that the youngster is under 18 and that they are the child’s sole parent or responsible adult. They must show that the kid is permanently residing with another caretaker or parent who is either a British citizen or has resided in the UK and is not their partner.
- They must demonstrate that they desire to assist in the child’s upbringing and that they have physical access to him or her. They must demonstrate that they can maintain themselves financially without relying on government assistance.
Processing Time For Family Visas in The United Kingdom
A family visa application might take up to 12 weeks to process. If family members seek an extension, the agency will need at least eight weeks to review the request. In the event of a request for an extension, premium applications might be approved the same day. In the case of a complicated extension application, the applicant will be contacted and may be required to supply supporting papers or attend an interview for personal reasons.
Documents Required For A Family UK Visa Application
- A valid passport or another form of travel identification is required for a family UK Visa.
- You must have at least one page that is completely blank in the passport.
- Relationship of proof
- Passports from the past.
- The financial proof is required.
- Proof of English proficiency.
- Test results for tuberculosis (if you are coming from a country for which this test is required).
- Other documents may be requested depending on the circumstances.
Many people who work in the United Kingdom desire to bring their family to visit or reside with them. Through a Family UK Visa, the immigration policy permits families to stay together in the nation. To apply for a ‘family of a settled person visa, you must stay for at least 6 months. Family members who intend to visit their relatives in the UK for a short amount of time (less than six months) can apply for this visa. People who live outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland require this visa. Keep all these things clear in your mind when you are applying for a family visa for the UK. These things need to be taken care of so that your application will not get rejected in any manner and you will be able to fly to your family soon.
Written By: Megha Bali
(Disclaimer: This article is from the author’s perspective. Kindly do check with experts before following. theenews.in will not be responsible for any kind of inconvenience and incorrect or misleading information.)